Legal issues and disputes involving families and their relationships can be overwhelming and have long-term effects. No matter what type of family law issue you face, decisions you make now can affect you and your family for the rest of your lives. This is why the assistance of an experienced family law attorney is vital.
Focusing On Your Needs Before, During And After A Family Law Dispute
At Duff Kronfeld & Marquardt P.C., we understand the emotional and financial difficulties you face with a family law dispute. For more than 30 years, our firm in Fairfax has assisted individuals and families throughout Northern Virginia with all matters of family law, including:
- Divorce: If you are facing a divorce, it is necessary to have a skilled lawyer at your side who will help ensure that you do not inadvertently give up important rights. Many issues may also arise after your divorce is finalized, requiring legal help.
- Child Custody and Visitation: It is important to address issues of child custody, visitation and relocation head-on so that there are no surprises later.
- Support: Issues of child support and alimony - also called spousal support - often require an analysis of financial information from both partners and application of Virginia guidelines. Future support modifications may also be necessary if your circumstances change.
- Property division: Dividing your assets and debts following a long marriage can be quite complicated. We will help ensure that your assets are divided equitably and accurately, providing you with what you need to face your new future.
- Your rights: Unmarried partners, stepparents and grandparents have rights after relationships end, the extent of which depend on the unique circumstances of each claim. We can also assist you with issues of domestic abuse, helping protect you and your children from harm.
- Future planning: A divorce or remarriage will require changes to your future plans. We will provide you with information and guidance related to matters of estate planning in preparation for or following your divorce.
While litigation is not always avoidable, we will help you achieve timely and cost-effective results through negotiation or mediation whenever possible. If an acceptable resolution cannot be reached in your case, our highly skilled trial lawyers will fight for your rights in court, appealing your case to a higher court if advisable, to get you the best result possible.
Dedicated And Client-Focused Legal Services For Families And Individuals In Virginia
For more than two decades, Duff Kronfeld & Marquardt P.C. name has been synonymous with professionalism, integrity and high-quality family law legal services in Fairfax and throughout Northern Virginia. When you hire us to help you with your family law matter, we promise to:
- Listen to your concerns and answer all of your questions
- Explain the issues, potential obstacles, options, process and everything else that is relevant to your unique situation
- Maintain a high level of communication with you throughout your case
- Dedicate ourselves to helping you navigate the legal process with as much dignity and privacy as possible
To schedule a consultation with one of our experienced lawyers, call us at 703-591-7475 or complete a brief online form.